Fortune 500 CEOs and leaders come to us to rapidly solve their top complex challenges and mobilize their people and stakeholders, in 2 or 3 days. When it comes to complex challenges, it’s not the problem you’re solving – it’s how you’re solving the problem. Our company and our formula are engineered to solve for complexity, and we have mastered the “how”. What we do is unique, proven and guaranteed to generate alignment, action and engagement throughout an organization.
As an Associate Engagement Director (AED), a critical member of our client delivery team, you will work directly with the leaders of some of North America's largest organizations to help them solve their complex challenges. The AED plays an integral role in the successful delivery of our client engagements and is responsible, along with the rest of the team, for delivering outstanding client engagements that put our customers first and exceed their high expectations. The AED will work closely with the Engagement Director (ED) to manage engagements from start to finish, including:
- Project manage and assist with delivering engagements that meet the intended client-specific outcomes.
- Throughout the course of an engagement, the AED will act as the “catalyst of the engagement”, wholly concerned with satisfying each requirement of an engagement. The ideal candidate will “sweat the details” and ensure all aspects of an engagement are scrutinized and on target to exceed Syntegrity’s standards.
- Make a wide variety of contributions throughout the engagement, including project management and planning, facilitation of client meetings at Syntegrations, and preparing client deliverables.
Critical to success in this role will be the candidate’s ability to be open and flexible; effectively anticipate issues and resolve them quickly; effortlessly prioritize their responsibilities; listen to a variety of stakeholder perspectives and execute against the scope of the engagement to ensure delivery is flawless. This includes proactive communication and strong analytical abilities to make quick decisions. They will receive direction, guidance and coaching from the ED, however, will be relied upon to be a proactive presence on the engagement team for keeping everything moving and on track.
The ideal candidate will possess 5-10 years of progressively senior team-based roles in a relevant field such as management consulting or related professional services. Experience in project management and working closely with senior executives is essential. A university degree from a recognized academic institution is required. An MBA would be preferred.
The successful candidate will need to be prepared to travel up to 10 days per month and expect longer hours during onsite client sessions. They will also need to be able to travel to the US.
Be part of a collaborative culture in a fast-growing company in an entrepreneurial setting. Opportunities for growth and advancement abound for the right candidate.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Ensure high quality, organized, and timely delivery of client engagements as follows:
- Responsible for the overall project management of an engagement from the client diagnostic and launch, to planning and status meetings, through to final deliverables and closeout.
- Attends and frequently leads a variety of client meetings throughout the planning process, recording insights,synthesizing key themes to fully understand and convey the challenge and client needs.
- Prepares briefing documents to ensure our Syntegrity delivery teams are prepared and informed on the client context and central challenge.
- As needed, assists in onsite delivery of the Syntegration, including facilitating meetings and proactively identifying opportunities to add value for the client.
- In coordination with the ED, leads the development of all customer-facing documents and deliverables, including planning documents, and executive summary reports and presentations following the Syntegration.
- Occasionally contribute to and lead priority internal projects related to product development, customer experience improvement, R&D, and marketing.
- Support business development from time to time in designing and assisting in configuring engagements in collaboration with the ED and Business Development Executive.
Capabilities / Competencies
- Exceptionally strong emotional intelligence - able to effectively build meaningful and trusted relationships with customers, coworkers and partners.
- A track record of success in senior executive client-facing situations in large commercial organizations.
- Strong organizational skills with project management experience, able to keep a team on track and focused to meet deadlines.
- Analytical with strong critical and strategic thinking skills. Ability to identify, surface, and effectively convey insights.
- Advanced skills in PowerPoint, including strong ability to create succinct and clear executive summaries that are anchored in client needs.
- Experience in senior-level workshop facilitation.
- Comfortable with and effective at speaking in front of large groups.
- Exceptionally strong business acumen and effective communicator (both written and verbal).
- Attention to detail, letting nothing slip through the cracks.
- Committed Collaborator and team player.
- Comfortable with and able to effectively manage ambiguity.
- Relentless and driven, overcomes obstacles with relative ease and possesses a pragmatic yet agile approach with excellent problem-solving skills. Fast learner.
- 5-10 years of professional experience.
- Experience in delivering executive-level professional services and engagements to large, commercial organizations is mandatory.
- Management consulting experience preferred.
- Experience in strategy, corporate planning, and innovation preferred.
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business.
- A project management certification and/or MBA is an asset.