As a Senior Associate, you will be a critical member on our client engagement team. In the role, you will work directly with the leaders of North America’s largest organizations to help them solve their complex challenges using our unique methodology. As part of the team, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of our client engagement, for producing outstanding work that puts our customers first. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Engagement Director (ED) to manage engagements. You will act as a catalyst, wholly concerned with proactively keeping everything and everyone on track, sweating the details, and ensuring all aspects of an engagement hit the mark. From start to finish, your work will include:
· End-to-end project management of our client engagements
· Research into our client’s business and their unique complex challenge
· The preparation and synthesis of high-quality, value-add deliverables following each engagement
· Learning and mastering our unique team-based engagement delivery approach with high variety groups – whether it be in-person, or remote.
Critical to success in this role will be the candidate’s ability to be open and flexible; effective at quickly anticipating and resolving issues; prioritizing responsibilities; listening to a variety of stakeholder perspectives and executing against the scope of the engagement to ensure flawless delivery. You will need to be a proactive communicator,excellent collaborator, and have the strong analytical abilities to make decisions quickly. You will receive direction, guidance, and coaching from the Engagement Director, but will be relied upon to be a proactive presence on the engagement team.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
Ensure high quality, organized, and timely delivery of client engagements as follows:
· Responsible for the overall project management of an engagement from the client diagnostic and launch, to planning meetings, through to final deliverables and closeout.
· Attend client meetings throughout the planning process, recording insights, synthesizing key themes to fully understand and convey the challenge and client needs.
· Prepare briefing documents to ensure our Syntegrity delivery teams are prepared and informed on the client context and central challenge.
· As needed, assist in anticipated (post pandemic) onsite/in-person delivery of the Syntegration, including facilitating meetings and proactively identifying opportunities to add value.
· Manage / support the remote delivery of our approach, including prepping and demonstrating online collaboration toolsfor participants and supporting the ED throughout the remote engagement period.
· In coordination with the ED, lead the development of all customer-facing documents and deliverables, including planning documents, and executive summary reports and presentations following the Syntegration.
The Senior Associate will occasionally contribute to and lead priority internal projects related to the ongoing development and growth of Syntegrity, including product development, customer experience,sales, and marketing.
The ideal candidate will possess 3-8 years of team-based experience in a relevant field such as management consulting or related professional services. Other backgrounds will be considered, with a preference for experience in strategy, business design, and innovation.
Experience in project management is a strong asset.A university degree from a recognized academic institution is required. A project management certification and/or MBA is an asset.
Capabilities / Competencies
· Strong organizational and project management skills, able to keep a team on track and focused.
· Analytical with critical and strategic thinking skills. Ability to identify, surface, and effectively convey insights.
· Advanced skills in PowerPoint,including the ability to create succinct and clear executive summaries that are anchored in client needs.
· Advanced skills in online collaboration/whiteboarding tools/platforms (ex. Miro, Zoom, Office365 (MS Teams) and others)
· Ability to facilitate meetings and workshops in person or remotely.
· Comfortable with and effective at speaking in front of large groups, in person or remotely.
· Exceptional business acumen and effective communicator (both written and verbal).
· Attention to detail, letting nothing slip through the cracks.
· Committed collaborator and team player.
· Comfortable with and able to effectively manage ambiguity.
· Relentless and driven, overcomes obstacles with relative ease and possesses a pragmatic yet agile approach with excellent problem-solving skills; fast learner.
· Exceptionally strong emotional intelligence- able to effectively build meaningful and trusted relationships with customers, coworkers and partners.
Working at Syntegrity
Syntegrity has staff based across North America,with a head office located in Downtown Toronto. A remote working arrangement is anticipated if preferred. Some future travel may be required (including to the US); however, most of the role will be fulfilled from our office in Downtown Toronto, or remotely. Syntegrity prides itself on a healthy work environment including work life balance. The successful candidate should be prepared to work longer than normal hours on occasion during client sessions or during busy periods of client work.
This is an opportunity to be a part of a collaborative culture in a fast-growing, entrepreneurial setting. Opportunities for growth and advancement abound for the right candidate.
To apply for this position you must include a cover letter with your application. We thank all applicants for their interest,however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Subscribe for all our latest Forbes articles, whitepapers, and more.