The BU Leader for this Top 10 global organization needed to quickly mobilize a large group around a high-stakes challenge. Getting a new strategy with full buy-in across the organization was a “must have” to capitalize on a significant opportunity created by the COVID-19. The pandemic was impacting the way his team engaged with external partners: connections were harder without F2F communication, virtual sharing/educating became harder to measure, HCP and partner meetings were less frequent, employee uncertainty was on the rise and there was belief the past value proposition had to be reimagined to maintain critically important partnerships and a market leadership position. The upcoming Fiscal Year kick off was the best place to unveil the Future of Customer Engagement strategy – the opportunity outcome was high-stakes and there was areal sense of urgency.
Needing to rapidly establish trust and alignment, and unable to meet in person, the BU Leader engaged Syntegrity in a virtual Solving Sprint that leveraged digital tools and technology.
Their objectives were:
· Engage a broad base of stakeholders to clarify the opportunity and align on the plan and narrative
· Develop the Future of Customer Engagement by leveraging the richness of experience from key stakeholders
· Articulate a clear definition of what the new “great client experience” looks like in this changing environment and what it will take to get there
· Continue as a market leader by resetting roles/responsibilities, driving innovation and leveraging new channels and tools
· Develop a set of highly actionable recommendations and initiatives to be implemented immediately and over the next 18 months.
· Drive ongoing employee investment in the future vision and approaches for HCP engagement
With 32+ experts from across the BU collaborating virtually over 310 hours spread across 17 days, the group generated 18 Recommendations and a strategic roadmap on how to add more value to their HCPs and increase their flexibility to meet customers’ evolving needs.
Two key benchmarks post engagement:
1. On feeling “aligned to solve the challenge,” participant view shifted from 60%+ neutral/negative pre-engagement to 90% agree/strongly agree post
2. Time to Solve: 50% of participants felt arriving at a similar set of recommendations would have taken 4 months to 1 year, with 13% suggesting they would not have reached the same outcome at all
“It highlights the importance of breaking down silos across the company, both inside and outside of business units.”
“This was a rare chance for us to press the “reset” button to prepare to better engage with our customers. Also, the platform Miro was amazing. Syntegrity, you and your team are true experts in facilitating and strategizing; you are a well-oiled machine.”
“I am amazed, seeing the stickies turn into the 18 recommendations. There are some great things there that will take us to the next level.”
“The collaboration demonstrated from this project was outstanding.”
Subscribe for all our latest Forbes articles, whitepapers, and more.